CFNM
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 25th, 2014, 5:10pm

News: Welcome to our Forum!

Go To CFNM Photos  Board  
Go To CFNM Stories Board  
It's a Naked World! Nude Beaches - Public Nudity

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

Hey check this out: CFNM Party at CFNM Club

Sensations For Women
   General
   CFNM Stories and Discussion
(Moderators: g_man, Rick176701, strapman, RevJohnAshcroft, PumpkinEater, hey2004, Superfluous, chaoslord621, Mansterdam, Debbie_RN, ADMIN, JerBear, BBMan, malibug, Lord_Caspen, igorisapud, Brad, Anthony_M, kiwimark, doug444, Roman_Mistress, Woodster, lazarus)
   Old CFNM swimming again
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  ...  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Old CFNM swimming again  (Read 95828 times)
cd

Email

Old CFNM swimming again
« on: Nov 25th, 2006, 4:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

A new post from the Yahoo YMCA group.  Don't believe guys wore speedos or anything that skimpy in the 40's and 50's, but it may be credible.  No more specific info as to place given.

-----

Your post is a good one and really reflects on how far we have come
for a time when men were proud of their bodies and not intimidated
to cover up in front of other men and even in front of women.

My dad and I talked about this last night and I wanted to share
several comments from his experiences as an "often naked" athlete.
I have posted some of mine previously but will add a few things in a
separate post.

For my dad, he swam at the Y since he was a little kid, took swim
lessons there, wrestled, did gymnastics and also played water polo.
For swim lessons and swim meets the guys were all naked as was the
coach. For meets at his Y and other Y's everything was naked.
Occasionally there were open meets with high schools, swim clubs,
etc. These usually involved wearing a speedo but meets with some
other all male clubs were naked. He did remember that at a few of
the meets with some swim clubs involved nudity in front of women --
both teams swam naked, there were women present. Some women were
spectators and some even involved in the meet. This was all in the
forties and fifties. He said that being bare then was just part of
being a competitive swimmer and it was a matter of pride to the guys
on the team that they were not bothered by being fully exposed –
part of the macho ethic that surrounded the sport. Guys were proud
of their dicks and saw no reason to be embarrassed or to hide their
manhood.

He also played water polo and that was always played naked –
otherwise the problem you face is guys grabbing your suit. Other
than Y water polo competitions, there were water polo clubs through
some of the private men's clubs and the colleges that had teams.
Some of the meets only had men spectators but he said there were
several clubs that had meets each season where attendance was open
to women. The guys on both teams knew in advance that wives,
mothers, sisters, etc would be there and that they would be naked in
front of a mixed crowd. Again, this was part of being a man and an
athlete – for water polo you competed naked. This went on into the
50's.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/YMCAnaked/message/13853
IP Logged
RonW
YaBB Full Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Old CFNM swimming again
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25th, 2006, 7:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I was not around in that time. I do though think that this happened.

I grew up in the 80'+90's. Even then women where present when I was nude or semi nude. Not at the YMCA but at school!

I remember being in elementry school and the teacher coming into the boys bathrrom while we where acting up. Guys would be peeing in front of her and everything. Also I have had scolious test done on the whol boys gym class by 2 women nurses or Doctors when I was 13 or 14.  We where all in our underware for that.

I have also had my knee looked at wearing just a Jock Strap by a Nurse in High Scholl football.

So hearing that the Y use to let guys swim nude in front of women in the 50's sounds real to me.
IP Logged
cd

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 25th, 2006, 8:10pm »

on Nov 25th, 2006, 7:26pm, RonW wrote:

I remember being in elementry school and the teacher coming into the boys bathrrom while we where acting up. Guys would be peeing in front of her and everything. Also I have had scolious test done on the whol boys gym class by 2 women nurses or Doctors when I was 13 or 14.  We where all in our underware for that.

I have also had my knee looked at wearing just a Jock Strap by a Nurse in High Scholl football.

So hearing that the Y use to let guys swim nude in front of women in the 50's sounds real to me.

No one would doubt your post RonW.  On a grammar school level, women teachers certainly did enter the boys bathrooms to control matters.  Probably still happens.  And medical CFNM with nurses has always been around.
Nude swim meets in front of women are a different matter entirely.  It's not unbelievable that it could have happened in that time period.  Speedos didn't exist at that time and skimpy male bathing suits also weren't in common usage, but I don't really know what swim teams in that era might have worn.  It could have been something similar to a speedo.
IP Logged
C5
YaBB Senior Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Nov 25th, 2006, 9:45pm »

Here's a link to a team picture from 1955:

http://www.cosst.org/1955.htm
IP Logged
Caipora
YaBB Senior Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Nov 26th, 2006, 1:25am »

Speedos were invented around 1959, IIRC. Nylon didn't come into wide use until used for parachutes in WWII, and without nylon you don't have Speedos. It was apparently quite common to practice in nothing but wear suits for meets.  

Except for a single description of Harvard intramural meets immediately post-WWII, I've never across a plausible description of meets with nude swimmers, even with an all-made audience.  

Nurses have long stood outside the rules. Although there was a West Coast Boy Scout camp with a large site that described an organized history of skinny-dipping, which pointed out that the only women at the camp, the cook and the nurse, made themselves scarce at swim time. And on Visitors' Day, boys who didn't bring a suit just didn't swim.

- Caipora
IP Logged
PC
YaBB God

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: Nov 26th, 2006, 6:55pm »

on Nov 25th, 2006, 8:10pm, cd wrote:

No one would doubt your post RonW.  On a grammar school level, women teachers certainly did enter the boys bathrooms to control matters.  Probably still happens.  And medical CFNM with nurses has always been around.
Nude swim meets in front of women are a different matter entirely.  It's not unbelievable that it could have happened in that time period.  Speedos didn't exist at that time and skimpy male bathing suits also weren't in common usage, but I don't really know what swim teams in that era might have worn.  It could have been something similar to a speedo.

If you didn't exist at that time period you've only stories to go by. Must we fight this battle yet again? The 1950s weren't Happy Days except for the clothing style, the cars, the furnishings.
IP Logged

If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there to hear it I don't care.
cd

Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 26th, 2006, 7:36pm »

on Nov 26th, 2006, 6:55pm, PC wrote:

If you didn't exist at that time period you've only stories to go by. Must we fight this battle yet again? The 1950s weren't Happy Days except for the clothing style, the cars, the furnishings.

?? What are you talking about.  I did exist at that time.  No one's fighting a battle besides you.

I gave a link from elsewhere for those who might be interested and expressed some skepticism of my own including the mention of speedos, which didn't exist yet.  I keep an open mind on whether it ever happened, but I've never seen a convincing account including this one.
« Last Edit: Nov 26th, 2006, 9:15pm by cd » IP Logged
Youngren
YaBB God

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #7 on: Nov 26th, 2006, 7:55pm »

Here we go again, the same old myth about nude swimming in front of women at the Y.  I was around in the 50's.  I practically lived at the Y.  We certainly went swimming in the nude.  The boys also went nude in swimming class in junior high school and high school.  Girls wore suits.  There was no mixed swimming.  The coach or the lifeguard wore clothes.  Nude swimming meets; never happened!  Even though the boys went in nude during swim class, the boys swim team wore suits even in practice.  Nude swimming in front of females didn't even take place during the sexual revolution of the 60's.

Female teacher in boys washrooms in elementary school.  Saw it happen.  Lined up in front of the doctor with female teacher present to be examined in underwear in elementary school.  I was there.  Have I ever had a nurse examine me in the nude.  You bet!  Mixed swim classes with the boys nude.  Never happened!  I once saw a female employee at the Y go to the top of the stairs look down and see into the swim area where men were nude in order to call a male employee that he had a telephone call.  
« Last Edit: Nov 26th, 2006, 7:57pm by Youngren » IP Logged
PC
YaBB God

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #8 on: Nov 27th, 2006, 1:54am »

on Nov 26th, 2006, 7:36pm, cd wrote:

?? What are you talking about.  I did exist at that time.  No one's fighting a battle besides you.

I gave a link from elsewhere for those who might be interested and expressed some skepticism of my own including the mention of speedos, which didn't exist yet.  I keep an open mind on whether it ever happened, but I've never seen a convincing account including this one.

Well, I don't remember if you were here for all the denials that there were ever even any nude swim classes. I was worried that would be unleashed.
I was alive then, but it happened I didn't take any swim classes because of terrible asthma and breathing problems -- so I was in no nude swim classes. Some guys I knew were and swam nude.
« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2006, 1:55am by PC » IP Logged

cd

Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 27th, 2006, 2:34am »

on Nov 27th, 2006, 1:54am, PC wrote:

Well, I don't remember if you were here for all the denials that there were ever even any nude swim classes. I was worried that would be unleashed.

Literally over 100000 guys have swum nude in high schools and Y's throughout this country.  Documentation can easily be found online if any doubt it.  I swam nude in high school in the Chicago public school system in the 50's.  The practice continued till the early 70's.  Also swam nude at a Y later on till it went coed, also to the 70's.  It does seem bizarre to many people today, but it is undeniable that it was routine in those days.  There were never any women around at any of the places where I swam.
I do believe that CFNM swimming did occur, especially in rural areas with swimming holes.  They are hard to fully document though, and I'm always interested in those stories, though many are fiction.
IP Logged
JamesDean
YaBB Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #10 on: Nov 27th, 2006, 7:39pm »

True or not, I find the concept of CFNM swimming to be fascinating. Thanks to all who've posted about their experiences about nude swimming, whether it was CFNM or an all-male environment.

I'm too young to have experienced institutionally-sanctioned nude swimming firsthand. I absolutely believe that it existed in all-male environments. I suspect that CFNM swimming did occur in some isolated contexts that would be difficult to verify. Truth or fiction, I find the stories enjoyable.
IP Logged
jasbauer
YaBB Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #11 on: Nov 27th, 2006, 8:37pm »

I have said many times on here: Swim classes were held NUDE for boys at Amherst High School (suburb of Buffalo NY) up unitl the early 80s. No females were present (except a very few accidents). Nude swimming in amherst ended about 81.
IP Logged
C5
YaBB Senior Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #12 on: Nov 27th, 2006, 8:44pm »

What again was the reason for nude swimming classes?  I thought I heard hygiene, what's unhygienic about a swimsuit?  Were girl's swim classes also done in the nude?
IP Logged
SteveH
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: Nov 27th, 2006, 9:13pm »

C5 wrote:
What again was the reason for nude swimming classes?  I thought I heard hygiene, what's unhygienic about a swimsuit?

Well, quite. The reason given by YMCA management was that the fabric of the swim suits carried dirt and fibres that clogged the water filtration systems.  

Were girl's swim classes also done in the nude?

To the best of my knowledge in my home town, girls classes weren't held at the YMCA because we had a separate YWCA. I never heard of the YW requiring girls to swim nude.

The only time I ever swam at our YMCA was at a co-ed birthday party for a girl in our high school class where, of course, we all wore suits. Somehow the filtration system was deemed able to cope with this.

I personally think the hygiene argument was contrived and spurious. The same YMCA held a summer boys' camp where the boys were also required to swim nude in the lake! It was a YMCA culture thing, I believe, where boys were considered not to need to be "modest" about their nakedness. It was considered to be "manly" to be at ease with your nakedness with other males.

Whether there were more sinister motives than this, I cannot say.
IP Logged
cd

Email

« Reply #14 on: Nov 27th, 2006, 9:36pm »

on Nov 27th, 2006, 9:13pm, SteveH wrote:
C5 wrote:
What again was the reason for nude swimming classes?  I thought I heard hygiene, what's unhygienic about a swimsuit?

The reasons are multiple, and it's hard to know now which are the most important.  Nylon and synthetic materials are a recent invention ( ? 60's).  Before that swimming suits were heavy and uncomfortable.  Some were wool which really drags you down.  And of course if they're not washed regularly they become un-hygienic. So men preferred to swim bare when they could; it's an ancient tradition.  And some of the old suit material could clog the pool filters.  Why didn't that apply to women as well?  Well who knows.  More to do with cultural taboos than rationality; women wouldn't have accepted it.   And men swam far more than women in those days, so they just tended to ignore the lesser element of women's swim classes.  Men were conditioned not to be concerned about group nudity.  Anyone who was drafted was exposed to large doses of group nudity and I have even heard it suggested that forced nude swimming in school would help the boys prepare for the draft.
IP Logged
C5
YaBB Senior Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #15 on: Nov 27th, 2006, 9:46pm »

So is it confirmed that there were no nude swim classes at the YWCA?

As far as hygiene, weren't they using chlorine?  Standing water isn't exactly hygienic.  Couldn't a pre-shrunk cotton be used to provide some modesty.  I find it odd to be ok for swim teams of the era to use suits, but not John Q Public.  

I swam growing up, so I find this interesting.  We were required to shower off before getting in the pool even though there was enough chlorine in there to kill just about anything.
IP Logged
cd

Email

« Reply #16 on: Nov 27th, 2006, 11:10pm »

on Nov 27th, 2006, 9:46pm, C5 wrote:
So is it confirmed that there were no nude swim classes at the YWCA?

As far as hygiene, weren't they using chlorine?  Standing water isn't exactly hygienic.  Couldn't a pre-shrunk cotton be used to provide some modesty.  I find it odd to be ok for swim teams of the era to use suits, but not John Q Public.  

I swam growing up, so I find this interesting.  We were required to shower off before getting in the pool even though there was enough chlorine in there to kill just about anything.

Never heard of any organized nude swimming classes for women anywhere.  And YW's were more oriented to social action than physical health and recreation.  Many had no pools.  Some had no phys ed facilities at all.   When YM's went fully coed in the 70's, many YW's went out of business.

Most pools were chlorinated.  The hygiene aspects weren't related to the water, but to the supposed tendency of young men of leaving their suits moldering in their gym bags or lockers unwashed and then wearing them again.  Nude swimming avoided this issue.  All high schools that I ever heard of supplied the suits to the women and washed them after each swim.  The women's suits in my high school were sacks something like over sized tee shirts.  Some schools supplied suits for the boys, some of whom didn't even own their own.
« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2006, 11:13pm by cd » IP Logged
C5
YaBB Senior Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #17 on: Nov 28th, 2006, 12:57am »

Too bad, I'd really like to hear some female nude swimming stories.

I would've liked the school to buy our speedos.  They were like $30 in the early '90s, for what?
IP Logged
ogden_edsl
YaBB Full Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #18 on: Nov 28th, 2006, 7:13am »

Here is a relevant story recently posted to the Yahoo CFNM Swimming forum:

----------------------------------

Munich, 1972, school nude swimming  

In the summer of 1972 I had a peculiar experience. I can't get it out
of my mind even after all this time.

I was going to university to become a teacher. At the end of the
winter term - about mid-April - another guy and I flew to Europe. We
spent a month backpacking around France, Spain and then ended up in
Munich, Germany where my friend had relatives who would put us up for
a few days.

I didn't speak a word of German so my friend did the talking for both
of us. My friend's family wanted to spend some time alone with him.
They arranged for me to spend one day as a student observer at a city
public school.

My friend and his family took me to the principal's office, dumped me
off, then headed out for whatever they were going to do. I met the
principal and he led me to a classroom where I was introduced to the
lady teacher. She spoke some English, but not much.

The school classrooms were segregated by gender. The class I was
observing was made up of all boys, about 16 or 17 years of age.

Just before 11 o'clock the teacher made an announcement to the class.
Everyone put away their books and filed outside toward a bus that was
waiting in the parking lot. I tagged along. When we were on the bus
the teacher explained to me that they were going to hallenbaden (or
something like that).

It was a short trip - only a few blocks. The bus stopped in front of
a large building. We went into the lobby, then down a hallway to a
locker room. From the moisture in the air it was obviously an indoor
swimming pool. The students knew the routine. They selected empty
lockers and starting stripping out of their clothes.

It felt a bit weird having the whole class of boys undress in front
of their teacher. It got stranger still when a naked man came out of
a side office and strolled over toward us. (Note entirely naked. He
was wearing a whistle on a string around his neck and shabby, untied
tennis shoes.) The lady teacher didn't seem the least bit concerned
about all the nudity, so I just sort of shuffled my feet and tried to
pretend that I was "cool" with everything too. The guy said something
in German to the teacher, then strolled off to where her students
were milling around among the lockers. The teacher waived for me to
follow and she led me to the side office.

There was a coffee pot on a little table, with sugar and milk powder.
We fixed ourselves cups of coffee, founds chairs, and struggled to
carry on some sort of conversation in the simplest English words we
could find.

In the background we could hear the sound of the class splashing in
the water. At times we were almost shouting in order to make
ourselves heard. Finally the noise was simply too overwhelming and
we gave up any attempt at conversation. We just sat there, side by
side, sipping miserable coffee, smoking, and looking toward the pool
through the office window so we could watch the kids and lifeguard go
through their pool drills.

After about three-quarters of an hour the lifeguard called for the
attention of the swimmers. Everyone pulled themselves out of the pool
and padded, naked back into the locker room. The lifeguard trailed
behind the last of the students. He came into the office and poured
a cup of coffee which he took with him when he returned to continue
supervising the students.

The lady teacher took her time to finish her cigarette then we went
back to take charge of the class of boys who were drying themselves
off and getting dressed. The lifeguard ambled over to us and started
up a happy conversation with the teacher. They were speaking real
German and I couldn't understand a word of what they were saying. (I
assumed that it was something about the Canadian student being an
idiot.)

When all the students were dressed and ready to leave, we got them
into a line and herded them back onto the bus which returned us to
the school.

That afternoon, after lunch, I took my assigned position at the back
of the class and tried to stay awake while everyone worked away in
the language that I didn't know.

I really did not want to seem like I was uptight about all the guys
getting naked in front of the lady teacher. But, it did fascinate
me. When I had a chance I casually brought up the subject with my
friend. He somehow sensed that the topic was of more than passing
interest to me. That made him try to taunt me about being "uptight
about the human body." It was the hippy era, when no young man
wanted to be "uptight". So I just dropped the matter. But, I have
not been able to get it out of my mind.
IP Logged
leo_c
YaBB God

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #19 on: Nov 28th, 2006, 3:08pm »

Not sure of what the original post is about as I dont have the required yahoo i.d. to view the sight. I guess there is some question as to bathing suits. I am 62 so I was a child in the 50s. Did not have a real bathing suit till I was 10 or 11. Mostly swam nude up to that age as I recalled on my previous post. When we boys got to the age we were expected to wear suit we wore brief style suits similar to todays speedoes. There were a few boxer style suits around but they were mostly worn by older men. At that time women all wore 1 piece suits. Brief style seemed to go out when the surfer craze hit and guys started wearing what was called JAMES , everyone wanting to look like surfers. Even remember guys tying a surf boards to their cars when they could not swim.  
 Dont know when the idea of brief style suits became gay, they are a lot more comfortable and popular with germans I see on the beach. Sort of like the basketball shorts of the 50s and 60s becoming gay and all straights having to wear shorts with the crotch hanging down to the knees and legs brushing their ankles, getto style.  
 While I am here I would like to comment again that yes we did swim nude at the Y. Only on one occasion do I remember mothers and sisters being present while we boys swam. Yes the women staff at the Y would on occasion be at the pool area and no one cared that I can remember. Never participated in any swimming or diving events so I can comment on what the dress requirements were. Never knew of a high school that had a pool so again I cant comment on dress code. We are going to have to rely on peoples memories and take them for there word as I dont believe this would have been a serious topic to take pictures of or write about at the time. Did go to boy scout camp a few weeks each summer and just can not remember if we swam nude or not.  
 One more thing. Was the YMCA forced to admit women? Seem to remember a mens  club in NYC that was forced to admit women, then the women complained about the men swimming nude.   thanks for listening  LEO C.
IP Logged
cd

Email

« Reply #20 on: Nov 28th, 2006, 4:39pm »

on Nov 28th, 2006, 3:08pm, leo_c wrote:

One more thing. Was the YMCA forced to admit women? Seem to remember a mens  club in NYC that was forced to admit women, then the women complained about the men swimming nude.   thanks for listening  LEO C.  

Don't know of any YMCA that was forced to admit women.  There was a push by the national Y to go coed, a highly successful move on their part.  Most areas had YWCAs so that there was little evidence of unequal treatment.  Some YWs are still female only.  Many YWs have gone out of business in part because they lost patrons to the YM.
Private clubs have been forced to go coed on the claim that they are business establishments where commerce is transacted.  Think that was the case in NYC.  In other places state laws require places that sell liquor to not discriminate, and that covered many other male establishments.
IP Logged
ogden_edsl
YaBB Full Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #21 on: Nov 29th, 2006, 5:32am »

on Nov 27th, 2006, 8:37pm, jasbauer wrote:
I have said many times on here: Swim classes were held NUDE for boys at Amherst High School (suburb of Buffalo NY) up unitl the early 80s. No females were present (except a very few accidents). Nude swimming in amherst ended about 81.

Since I had never heard about any nude school swimming until about five years ago, it feels odd to think that I'm old enough to have experienced this firsthand if I'd lived somewhere else.  I've never seen any such accounts from California, perhaps because of the greater prevalence of outdoor pools.
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2006, 5:35am by ogden_edsl » IP Logged
videodude
YaBB Full Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #22 on: Nov 29th, 2006, 7:19pm »

In the Toronto area, boys swam naked in public schools until some point in the 1970's, and also at the University of Toronto Hart House pool in the 1960's. That changed when some fanatical feminists insisted on equal rights to the pool at all times, and of course the university caved in.

There were never women or girls present, except for the occasional scheduling foul-up. In grade 8 we had double phys ed classes. The girls (fullu suited of course) would swim in the first period, and the boys (naked) in the second. One fateful day, the boys finished early, or the girls were late, and a troop of naked boys traipsed into the pool area still occupied by the girls. I remember the girls' reactions varied from acute embarrassment, to hooting and laughing, to intense interest.

That same year someone poked a brick out of the pool wall .. the other side being the girls' locker area. I suspect some CFNM perv boy did the poking. I don't know how long the brick was out .. at least one day, possibly days or weeks I guess .. I remember a lineup of girls taking turns peeking at the boys during an after-hours swim. The usual reaction was loud giggling with very red faces. One guy apparently walked up to the hole, and stuck his dick in it .. I always suspected he was the brick-poker-outer.
IP Logged
videodude
YaBB Full Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #23 on: Nov 30th, 2006, 2:51pm »

And it isn't just male nudity that gets shrugs. Europeans simply have a far different attitude towards nudity; much healthier in my opinion. I've seen coed groups of office workers out for some lunchtime tanning at a nearby park, where young women would think nothing of doffing their tops.

And in Maastricht (The Netherlands), one summer day a gaggle of girls ... late teens ... every last one of them long-legged and blonde and drop-dead-gorgeous and fit ... had been rowing or kayaking, changed from their swimsuits back into street-clothes right in the middle of a city parkette by the beach, with scores of pedestrians nearby. No towels were raised for modesty, they just stepped out of their bikinis and into jeans and tops, sweet tight asses shining away as they bent over, without giving it a second's thought. None of the local pedestrians seemed to be taken aback ... no big deal ...

Of course Germans are known world-wide for nude sunbathing, even where it might not be locally permitted. The notion you might have to keep your suit on, is alien to them.
IP Logged
C5
YaBB Senior Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #24 on: Nov 30th, 2006, 6:09pm »

Does anyone else watch "Rick Steves' Europe" on PBS?  On an episode about Germany, he went to Baden Baden and visited one of the spas.  The cameras didn't show any nudity, but several times he was nude in front of clothed women.  Most of the spa was separated by sex and many of the attendants on the male side were female.  There was one coed nude pool that he and his wife swam in, again the camera avoided showing anyone's bits.
IP Logged
leo_c
YaBB God

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #25 on: Nov 30th, 2006, 6:14pm »

Hello, thought I would respond to those that are unable to find actual, factual proof concerning nude swimming. You are probably searching in vain. Its not a subject that warrrented any kind of newspaper or magazine articles at that time period. You mostly have to rely on the recollections of people now in their 50s, 60s, 70s. And I believe there are only a few of us here at this sight.
  If I told you that people once flew in airplanes powered by pistons and propellers, that would be easy to verify. If I said that post war cars came without heaters, radioes, rt. hand sunvisors and directional signals, that would probably would take a lot more searching to verify. Same way with nude swimming at the Y with females being present. Who would wright about it, who would care? The info just is not there, just peoples recolations.
  As I relayed in an old post, this did happen to me once. Was not a regular Y patron, just the yearly swimming class in the afternoon. We could all swim but it was called lessons. I wont go in to details, just some boys mothers show up with daughters in toe to witness the class. Only a few boys and the instructor have suits so the rest of boys swam nude for the next hour or so demonstrating our really non existant swim class. No one got embarissed, offended, or mentally destroyed for life. It was a male enviroment and the women chose to enter it. If this happened to me I am certain it occured to otheres over time.  
 As for high school swimming, dont know, never did it. I believe school pools might have been more common in private schools. Did the boys swim nude? Why not? Some people here said they did, good enough for me. As for female trainers and life guards, I never saw one but common sense tells me that at some time somewhere this occured and would have not been overly important to make note of. Here again you have to rely on the few people who post here who have had the experience.  
 It was not uncommon to have one of the female Y employees in the pool area on occasions. Was the Y that I attended the only one on the continent where this happened? I dont think so. Everything was professional and they were accepted just like a nurse at a boys physical exam. As for female instructors, of cource they would have been clothed, to have them also nude would have been something that eventually hit the newspapers. Nude boys OK, nude woman VERY unprofessional . Just trying to tell it like it was. As I said, I dont believe there or that many at this sight who can tell you how things were.  thanks  leo
IP Logged
PC
YaBB God

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #26 on: Nov 30th, 2006, 7:00pm »

It was simply something that was done at the time and nobody thought it was even worth much comment.
Usually it was all male, but on some occasions women were present. nothing much was made of it.

I didn't do it for reasons given but some other boys I knew did.

I wish I knew why it's difficult to grasp for some. In the 1950s there were female doctors and in other male occupations they're now not thought to have had till the 80s or so. People took their clothes off, sometimes in semi-public. Women would skinny-dip with other women...
To me this has taken on the dimensions of a cultural puzzle -- not the nudity 50 years ago but the difficulty some now have in believing it.
We did it in the 1960s, only the sexes were often together as equals: that was the difference. Even then, some girls only went topless. The difference was that the women present weren't always or usually in a socially dominant position after 60s.
IP Logged

Caipora
YaBB Senior Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #27 on: Dec 1st, 2006, 2:50am »

Quote:
Hello, thought I would respond to those that are unable to find actual, factual proof concerning nude swimming. You are probably searching in vain. Its not a subject that warrrented any kind of newspaper or magazine articles at that time period.

I tend to agree with Bilbo Baggin's statement that "If you want to find something there's nothing like looking."

Now, look where?

The Boys' Clubs had a house organ, "Boys Club Service" which dealt with such dull questions as what kinds of doors to use in a natatorium, how to set up a swim gymkana, etc. Perhaps, especially during WWII, someone aaked, "What if your male swim instructors have gone to war and only women are available?"  

The YMCA National Council archives are at the University of Minnesota library.

Life magazine printed pictures of boys swimming nude at the Boys Club in Olneyville, RI. There are spectators, but text covering them. The negatives, without the text, and in a university library in Texas.

The YWCA must have archives somewhere too, and they must have had the same question.

A fellow on the YMCA Yahoo group was looking into some of this - including the YMCA archives - but he hasn't reported back.

- Caipora
IP Logged
SteveH
YaBB God

« Reply #28 on: Dec 1st, 2006, 11:13am »

I share PC's puzzlement about why anyone should not believe this nude swimming happened, and he's right to say that "It was simply something that was done at the time and nobody thought it was even worth much comment. "

My only experience of this was in September 1954 (to be exact). I was a freshman in a small men-only liberal arts college in upstate NY. Everyone had to pass a swimming test; those who didn't had to take swimming lessons until they could, or else they wouldn't get their degree (These days this may be just as unbelievable as nude swimming!). So a group of our class were told to report one evening to the swimming pool to take the test. There were maybe 30-40 of us.  

Now, we were not told "you must take the test nude"; it was just that most of us understood that most guys using the pool swam nude. That made sense to us - why bother to wear a suit when it's all men? No big deal; as PC says, "it was simply something done at the time". Trying to recall attitudes of the time, I would say that it was thought to be "manly" to be relaxed being nude in front of other men in a sports context, although no one ever said that - it was just a cultural given. I suppose that I took the test nude because I didn't want to stand out or be different - there's some 1950s conformity for you!

I recall that of the 30-40 maybe one wore a jock strap (which I thought looked a bit silly) and maybe a few guys wore suits, but the vast majority of us took the test naked and never gave it a thought.  

Fortunately I passed, and I never used the pool again . I believe the swim team normally practiced in the nude, and in the recreational swimming times (men only) most swam nude. But I stress this was custom and practice and was never a requirement.
IP Logged
C5
YaBB Senior Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #29 on: Dec 1st, 2006, 11:55am »

Does somebody have a problem believing it?  It seems that the only argument is whether women were ever present.  I'd like to know if girls swam nude together in any such classes.
IP Logged
cd

Email

« Reply #30 on: Dec 1st, 2006, 2:25pm »

on Dec 1st, 2006, 11:13am, SteveH wrote:
I believe the swim team normally practiced in the nude, and in the recreational swimming times (men only) most swam nude. But I stress this was custom and practice and was never a requirement.    

Swimming nude may have been optional in some colleges, but it was certainly a requirement in the Chicago public schools.  We never gave it a thought.  There was nothing sexual or humiliating about it at the time. Most of us hated it because the pool room and water were designed to keep penguins comfortable, not students.  It was always freezing. And as there was no free swim, it was darn hard to warm up.

When I swam nude later at the YMCA, I don't think it was required.  Certainly no sign was posted.  But I never saw anyone swim in a suit.  Again we never thought anything of it.

As I said before, I don't doubt that CFNM swimming occurred.  In urban settings it must have been very rare and localized.  Only a few posts to this have any real plausibility.  I believe leo_c's multiple posts though fuller details are always welcome.
« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2006, 2:26pm by cd » IP Logged
leo_c
YaBB God

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #31 on: Dec 2nd, 2006, 10:05am »

CD ask for more details, I will try to keep it brief. This subject i believe was my original post back maby apr. Swam at the Y one afternoon a week in new brunswick N.J. Ended when i got out of grammer school at the age of 13 in 1958.  
 Very hard to remember as it was a long time ago and not an important incident. It was called lessons but was actually supervised recreation. Might have been 15 of us ages between 10 and 13. Figure I was 13 at the time. We show up one afternoon and the instructor ask us if we have suits. We swam nude and of cource none of us had. Why, what for?  He explains that we are having a demonstration and that mothers and sisters will be present for our class.
 Four of the boy who must have gone to school together or lived close together had there families with them as well as some sort of suit. Anyway they had appairently gotten the message and were prepaired. Looked like the rest of us were going to sit this one out and were dissapointed. However the instructor tells us to go on a get to the pool. So for the next hour and a half maby, we boys swam nude demonstrating or kicking, diving, back stroke etc. with the mothers and some sisters of various ages sitting in the smal bleachers looking on. we walked around the the pool and bleacher area with no concern of them being there. To my knowledge nothing was ever said, there were no comments, no one was offended. It was normal!
 As I recollected on my original post, the fact that 4 boys and the instructor had suits tells me that the Y must have had some pratice in place where males were not required to swim nude if women were present and they chose to cover up. That about all I can remember, was a non event and close to 50 yrs ago.  sure wish I could get those innocient day back!  LEO C.
IP Logged
Caipora
YaBB Senior Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #32 on: Dec 2nd, 2006, 2:50pm »

I once ran across, in a non-specialized venue, a fellow describing how his Boy Scout Troops's skinny-dipping at the YMCA, and the film being shown at Parents's Night (not Fathers' Night)  to general laughter.

Time-shifted CFNM, perhaps. But quite in line with your memories.

- Caipora
IP Logged
gmeister
YaBB Full Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #33 on: Dec 3rd, 2006, 3:38am »

on Nov 27th, 2006, 8:37pm, jasbauer wrote:
I went to school at Grand Island High, very close to Amherst. Yes it was all nude swimming for boys during that time period. The embarassing part was lining up one at a time for diving practice. Even more embarassing was the check for planters warts on our feet while we were nude. We boys had to kneel nude on a tile bench facing the wall while the gym teachers would stroll past our butts and examine the bottom of our feet. No women or girls though.
IP Logged
SingleDonald
YaBB God

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #34 on: Dec 3rd, 2006, 6:58pm »

Leo C.

Thanks for all your posts. I never attended YMCA Swimming Events, but my father, who fought in WW II, did. He did swim nude, but there were no female instructors, or spectators present.
I'm surprised that you and the other boys, in 1958, didn't stick to your guns, and sit that one out. Or else, that you didn't tell the coach that you wished to go home and get your swimsuits. As a Catholic School student, I would have considered this to be morally offensive, and definitely said no to the coach, even if he said that, if I didn't swim nude in front of the mothers & sisters of all ages, I couldn't swim there again! I don't mean to limit my inhibitions to me attending parochial school; I'm sure I would have done the same in public school. In fact, I was in public school by age 13.  
Of course, I'm more comfortable with CFNM today, but still feel it should never be imposed on any male to be viewed, or female to watch!
« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2006, 7:00pm by SingleDonald » IP Logged
leo_c
YaBB God

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #35 on: Dec 4th, 2006, 1:20am »

DONALD, I believe you have missed the point. None of us were required to swim that day. It was not important to us. Anyone could have sat out the time but I dont believe anyone did. I believe the matter was handeled correctly for the time. I was in 8th. grade of a catholic school at the time.  
 There is one more thing I seem to remember about that day. On my last post I was not absolutely sure this occured so I did not mention it but the thought keeps reoccuring now that my memory is being jogged. I am comfortable enough to share it am about 80% sure it happened this way. As I said we spent time in the small bleacher area as well as the pool, might have been split up into groups by age or number, not sure, but I do remember sitting in the bleacher area. I sat next to a girl about my age and start talking to her. Had to be questions like who her brother was and what school she went to. The girl is polite and courteous and answers my questions but does not seem to want to be in a conversation. Her mother sitting next to her must realize that the girl is upcomfortable with the situation so she leans over and starts talking to me about my school or age or something just to make conversation and be friendly. This is something the mother did to reassure the girl that everything was ok and she did not have to be self concious about the situation. After that the girl was real friendly and we talked the rest of the times I was in the bleachers. Like I said, am pretty sure it happened this way but it was almost 50 yrs. ago and not an earth shattering event that would be a big part of my memory after all these years. I am really surprised I can remember that much.   regards  LEO
IP Logged
cd

Email

« Reply #36 on: Dec 4th, 2006, 9:52pm »

Thanks for your responses leo_c.  I find your last response amazing if your memory is indeed correct.
I know that I as a 13 year old in that same era could never have sat nude next to a dressed girl my age and have attempted an ordinary conversation.  Certainly most kids that age have no interest in CFNM and would be incredibly embarrassed in your position.  I was raised in a modest household with no sisters and it would have blown my mind.  I know it's easier in a group of nude guys, but sitting next to a girl my age on my own would be unimaginable.
Did you come from an environment of family nudity that you could deal with this so easily?  Anyone else find this extraordinary?
IP Logged
SteveH
YaBB God

« Reply #37 on: Dec 4th, 2006, 10:21pm »

I had the very same reaction as CD.

I was 13 in the 40s. Yes, I guess I could have swum nude at the Y with other boys. Being shy about nakedness with other boys was being a bit cowardly and unmanly. Could I have swum with other boys in front of women and girls? Doubt it very much.

Could I have sat down naked next to a clothed girl my age and chatted? No way! And I don't think any boy that age where/when I lived could have done that. I find that very erotic to think about now, but then it would have been embarrassing beyond belief.

Like CD, my family didn't do nakedness in front of each other once past childhood. Maybe Leo's family was different?
IP Logged
leo_c
YaBB God

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #38 on: Dec 5th, 2006, 9:52am »

This happened close to 50 yrs. ago so I must point out that tere is no way I can be sure I am 100% accurate. As I said I am sure enough this is the way it was to be able to share it with you. I think the more you try to remember something the more off base you get and start thinking maby this or maby that. What I recalled was my first and maby most accurate memory.
 No the family did not pratice nudity. Think we were pretty much like everyone else. Was never taught there was something wrong with it though. dont even remember it being discussed. I was the only child so I had no brothers or sisters to learn from. I must have been a late bloomer as I knew boys and girls were different but dont remember giving it much thought. Guess the harmones had not kicked in yet and my mind was not into sex.  
 As I related months ago I swam nude rotunely at the old swimming holes up to about 10 so nude swimming at the Y was not anything out of the ordinary in my mind. I might have been self concious with women at the Y but the fact that most of the boys were also nude so it was a group thing. Might have been different if I was the only one. Dont remember any comments or giggles and the instructor carried on as things were normal. I remember he never covered up when one of the Y staff women were around, so if it ment nothing to him we just followded suit and thought nothing about it.  
 As for sitting next to the young girl, I was innocient to the situation and gave it no thought. Girls mature faster  than boys and are also taught to be modest so that might explain her  initial reaction. Maby she was told to give her brother privacy when at home, dont really know. If I remember it was not a matter of going out of my way to sit next to her. There were other boys in the small bleacher area and I sat next to her out of convenience more  than wanting to start a conversation. I was young and thought nothing of the fact of being nude. Like I said, I was a late bloomer, might not have even started growing pubic hair at that time much less the difference between boys and girls.  
 I believe I am pretty accurate on my recollection. Really nothing sexual there, just happened.   regards  leo
IP Logged
leo_c
YaBB God

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #39 on: Dec 5th, 2006, 11:21am »

CD and steve, now you have me concerned, not that I can do anything about it. I admit that I might have been a late bloomer but there were other boys my age there also. Maby I was a bit retarded. Think back though. Would this have been much of a concern to you at the age of 13? How about if you were 11 or 12? Did you have sisters that you were told to cover up in front of? I must admit I am preplexed when I hear on the news about an 8 and 10 year olds abuseing a 6 yr. old girl. I have to wonder what is on there minds at that age. I would have had no idea at that age, would have never considered it at 13. Think back before your harmones kicked in, would it have been that trumatic experience ?
 We were in a group of boys in a normal to us enviroment. Maby if someone started pointing out that we were nude and made a big deal out of it we would have become self concious but that was not the case. Every thing ws quite plesant and it was just anothere day for us. Am surprised no one else has had a similar experience like that of some sort. I thought nothing of sitting next to the girl. The fact that I was nude never entered my mind. After all she had already seen all of us, we were all right there. Could I  could not have grown up that different?  LEO
IP Logged
SteveH
YaBB God

« Reply #40 on: Dec 5th, 2006, 5:33pm »

Leo

I have thought about your concern, and now realise that I have committed the classic error of projecting onto my 50s memories my 00s attitudes. I apologise for causing you concern and for making such a mistake. So let me try very hard (as you have been doing) to remember how it was and relate it to your story . . .

I think puberty kicked in for me around 12 (7th grade), but I wasn't that conscious of it, so maybe you "bloomed" a bit later than I. But I don't think my attitude towards being naked was changed all that much by puberty. In my family I was the youngest of four, but only my 17-year-old brother was still at home. I wasn't at that point naked in front of either him or my parents. I took showers at gym from 7th grade onwards with other boys and was naked in sports changing environments without giving it any thought. But both before and after puberty, I would have been very embarrassed to be so in front of girls.

The overriding factor - then as now - was . what was custom and practice at the time If all the other boys swam nude, then I would have swum nude: you didn't make a big issue about something that wasn't a big issue. The only thing that weakens your case a bit is the fact that the instructor that day asked you if you had suits. That says to me that it wasn't quite as cut-and-dried as you suggest and that there was some degree of sensitivity among the organisers about the boys' nudity.

However, once the question had been addressed and you all decided to go ahead and swim nude, then my "custom and practice" argument comes into play. Your nudity was accepted by all and it became a non-issue. Since you were all sitting on the bleachers among the clothed observers, it was natural to chat with them. Also, as you say, they'd already seen you nude anyway, so what was the big deal?

Therefore, trying as hard as I can to really put myself in your 50s shoes (except you weren't wearing any on this occasion Grin), I now concede that I would probably have reacted the same as you - it wasn't an issue.

ON EDIT:  

What I forgot to point out above is the most important role that adults played in influencing our attitudes to our nudity. In the 40s and 50s by and large we accepted adult wisdom and didn't question it. So, for example, if adults in the form of the YMCA management, or swimming instructors or parents by their words, attitudes and actions, gave their approval to boys swimming nude, then it was OK and no longer an issue. In your interesting story, once the instructor said it was OK for you to swim in the nude, then you and everyone else were comfortable with it and didn't question it. Once the mother started chatting with you, then the daughter relaxed and chatted too.

In today's world, where young people are more inclined to question authority and demand their own way, this no longer applies, and that may explain why some younger readers of this topic even question that nude swimming ever happened. They can't believe that we did as we were told, we accepted what adults said as true and trustworthy and didn't question it.
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2006, 10:23pm by SteveH » IP Logged
SingleDonald
YaBB God

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #41 on: Dec 5th, 2006, 11:04pm »

Leo-C

Thanks for the clarification. I'm glad the instructor didn't force you to swim nude that day. However, neither I nor most any boy I knew from ages 10-13 would have been willing to swim nude in front of mothers, and especially not in front of girls close to our age! Hormones kicking in or not was beside the point-we would have been too embarassed to do it!
IP Logged
leo_c
YaBB God

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #42 on: Dec 6th, 2006, 11:03am »

Thank you for your reply. Yes you have to go back and put your mind in how you felt at that age. I pointed out that the instructor asked if we had suits so I have to think the Y had at least some loose guide lines in place for women being present. Maby wear one if you want to, dont worry if you dont. Dont really know as this was just a one time event for me at least and I was not a regular Y swimmer. Dont remember us boys having any discussion on the matter, it was just swimming as usual. Might surmise that the boys who had suits felt more out of place than those of us nude, that how natural it was for us. We understood the instructor being covered, he was older and these were strange females not Y staff.
 Would also like to point out that the  fact that there were other nude boys there might have made a big difference.  Had I been the only one nude I probably would have felt a bit self concious but believe I would have been swimming anyway. Tough call as I am just quessing as the situation never came up. Nude swimming did not relate to sex or being offended in those days as it seems to be today. Ever seen the short movie clips on the history channel when they run a story of the CZAR of russia? All the males are nude jumping in the water. Have not seen it for awhile, maby they are required to use those blurry censoring covers now.  
 I am really surprised that no one here has any experience on being nude with aunts, cousins, friends, neighbors in a non sexual enviroment. As I related before, I swam nude for about a week with distant cousins at a farm when I was about 15. 2 other boys and maby 4 girls. Us boys nude, the girls covered as all girls did. was no big deal. If the other boys were covered and I the only one nude , it might have made a difference. Must have been one of those security in numbers things.  

regards  LEO
IP Logged
C5
YaBB Senior Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #43 on: Dec 6th, 2006, 4:47pm »

Good info.  I know that I would've been horrified to swim nude in front of girls my own age at 11.  I was an early bloomer and started puberty shortly after my 11th birthday (I was 6'2" before I was 13).  So I would've stood out among the 11 year olds, having pubic hair and all.  Even if I didn't stand out I would've been horrified.  Then again, I was born in the 70s.

I grew up with a girl who was about a year younger than me, our parents were good friends.  We played doctor, both getting nude, until I was maybe 5.  That's when, for whatever reason, we felt it wasn't proper for us to be nude in front of each other.  I'm sure it was at our parents insisting.  I moved away and later saw her mother at my high school graduation.  I hadn't seen her or her daughter for about 3 years.  The daughter couldn't make the party and her mother teased me about how she could tell my guy friends about the "things", meaning playing nude doctor, that me and her used to do.  I told her to go ahead, then show them a picture of her daughter.  She had grown up to be a drop dead gorgeous blond with a sultry voice.  She didn't tell the guys, but they would've patted me on the back.
IP Logged
ogden_edsl
YaBB Full Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #44 on: Dec 7th, 2006, 5:15am »

on Dec 1st, 2006, 11:13am, SteveH wrote:
My only experience of this was in September 1954 (to be exact). I was a freshman in a small men-only liberal arts college in upstate NY. Everyone had to pass a swimming test; those who didn't had to take swimming lessons until they could, or else they wouldn't get their degree (These days this may be just as unbelievable as nude swimming!). So a group of our class were told to report one evening to the swimming pool to take the test. There were maybe 30-40 of us.  

Surprise -- not only is existence of swim-test requirements for college graduation easily verifiable, but also while organized nude school swimming may be history, the swim-test requirement isn't.  Check out this story:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2006/05/08/time_ to_sink_or_graduate/
IP Logged
cd

Email

« Reply #45 on: Dec 7th, 2006, 7:53pm »

An interesting post off voy forums which is on topic with some further thoughts.  The thread is concerned in part with the double standard of the past:

"I am a 59-year old woman and I remember the same things you do I imagine, especially the fact that boys back then were often nude, but we were not. I can remember my brothers and male cousins both swimming nude while my sister and I always wore suits, although sometimes at large public beaches my brothers wore suits. It was an odd difference in recollection I guess but it seemed natural at the time. I also saw my brothers, one older and one younger, in various states of undress and naked at times around our common, single bathroom. But they never saw my sister or me. And I saw my brothers on several occasions spanked by my mother which she always did bare. I do remember seeing both my brothers that way after puberty and noting that they were developing as men, and although it was quite "interesting" it was also quite "normal".

Now things have changed, as you say, and not for the better I fear. Boys seem to be as ashamed of their bodies as we were back then, something it took a while for me when I was in my 20s and 30s to get over (and still am not fully over)."

http://voy.com/206801/131.html
IP Logged
BlinkyBill
YaBB Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #46 on: Dec 7th, 2006, 10:44pm »

To leo on 5th December.

I swim almost every day in our home pool and I swim nude.  My three sisters have all moved away from home but when they lived here and now, when they visit I still swim nude.  (see my earlier post)

The pool can easily be seen from the house and any morning, if my mother happens to look out she can see me.  On cleaning days the cleaning lady cleans the pool change room when I shower.

Naturally I wear costumes away from home and generally when we have guests but there are exceptions and a few relatives and friends have seen me swim in the nude.
IP Logged
leo_c
YaBB God

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #47 on: Dec 8th, 2006, 11:57am »

SteveH, I neglected to respond to a point you made. I type with one finger and us the hunt / peck method so it take time and I forget all that I want to respond to. Your views of adult opinions and views affecting the way we felt on nudity or any thing for that matter is right on the money. In my case, growing up was mostly influienced by women.. My father was around but his influence really did not start until I was a teen. I was taught by nuns thru the 8th. grade. Boys and girls were kept semi seperate. Any thing regarding sex was never discussed but never bad mouthed either. Girls wore these uniform jumpers type uniforms so if they were developing into young ladies you never noticed it.  
 Male influence really did not come until I joined the boy scouts or little league or had male teachers in high school. Up to that time women were mostly the authorities and provided the influence. I am sure it was that way for most of us.  
 One more thing, I appreciate that no one started the denial or questioning my memory telling me things really did not happen as I recall when they were not there or maby even alive at the time. It take me time to type this stuff. Have decided I will relate my hospital stay this summer. No it wont be one of those " let me tell you about my operation" and will keep in on an awful lot of CFNM although it is all medical in nature and nothing errotic. Is medical stuff appropiate to this board if it is not really exciting?  thanks again  LEO
IP Logged
C5
YaBB Senior Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #48 on: Dec 8th, 2006, 1:25pm »

on Dec 7th, 2006, 10:44pm, BlinkyBill wrote:
To leo on 5th December.

I swim almost every day in our home pool and I swim nude.  My three sisters have all moved away from home but when they lived here and now, when they visit I still swim nude.  (see my earlier post)

The pool can easily be seen from the house and any morning, if my mother happens to look out she can see me.  On cleaning days the cleaning lady cleans the pool change room when I shower.

Naturally I wear costumes away from home and generally when we have guests but there are exceptions and a few relatives and friends have seen me swim in the nude.

Did your sisters swim nude also, or is this one of those double standards?

Leo, many of us enjoy hospital/non-erotic CFNM.  Super and I have posted our experiences, but you probably won't get a whole lot of feedback.
IP Logged
Will_CRASH_Reuther
YaBB Full Member

Gaudeam non sequitur separati mundo!

« Reply #49 on: Dec 8th, 2006, 5:16pm »

I wonder how reliable our opinions are about how we "would have" reacted to doing something we would "never" have done.  It is something of a common rubric that, after about five minutes at a nudist camp, naturist gathering, or nude beach, one is apt to realize that he has almost forgotten that he is naked -- or something to that effect.  

At the beginning of seventh grade, the next "gym" period after the "coach" gave his lecture about how we were all to shower after each gym period and how we were not to hide in one of the toilet stalls to change our clothes, I distinctly recall that I dawdled in undressing only just long enough to observe that other boys were, in fact, undressing, too.  And, as long as I was in good company, that was the last that it mattered to me.  

Later that year, when I was (at a belated age, I would calculate) sent to the YMCA to try to learn how to swim (for my junior high school had no pool), I was taken aback to be told that I would not need swim trunks.  But, again, I waited only long enough to observe that other boys' bare asses were parading into the shower room before I followed, happily enough, considering the circumstances.  Again, that was the last that it mattered to me.  

So, there were no girls or women around, in either case -- though one day someone had neglected, the previous evening (an "open swim" night), to take away the sign hanging on the door from the showers into the pool that said:  "Women in Pool -- Wear Suits".  But if there had been women about one day, watching us swim clothed as God/nature intended, would it have mattered to me, after the first few minutes?  After no one had bothered to shout at us to return to the locker room and cover our collective decencies?  

At my current, advanced age, I rather think that, assuming that I was not alone and that we had some official permission, I would have enjoyed it quite a bit.  And, having survived that first few minutes without having any important body part fall off, I would suppose -- maybe -- I could have talked with a girl with no further trauma.  Well, the girl wouldn have had to speak to me first, regardless of my state of attire -- but that's just the way I was in those days, and still am to a certain extent.  

So, the bottom line to ponder is, once you're in the pool naked, in the company of all the other boys and with official permission -- indeed, requirement! -- does it really matter any more, after the first few minutes?  

Of course it would matter if the girls stormed in suddenly!  But that would just be the same "herd mentality" reaction of all the boys, collectively, as they had already accepted that swimming nude was acceptable, whenever it was "just boys".  At best, a "new" five minutes would have to begin, once everything had calmed down again.  

I expect that most of us who experienced nude swimming classes only remember with particular clarity the beginning of that first day -- unless there were some other, over-ridingly exciting development.  

But a few of you will disagree, and I am most interested in hearing the circumstances.  

-- "Crash"  
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  ...  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Videos from CoccoVision:
True Fantasy
Bad Boys of Bourbon Street #4
60 minutes
$19.95
Now that's novel! It's the GUYS flashing instead of the girls! I think they're just collecting more beads so they can get more girls to flash. Only men flashing in this video. LINK TO SAMPLES

ADD TO DVD CART: $19.95 DVD - or check out
ADD TO MPEG CART: $12.95 XVID - or check out
CFNMzone
DVD-1
For the Girls & Dare to Compare
60 minutes
$29.95
CFNM - Clothed Female Naked Male fetish video productions by CFNMzone.com. Three girlfriends have asked a couple of guys to hang out naked with them. The second video is a garden party where guys have been invited to have their equipment assessed. LINK TO SAMPLES

ADD TO DVD CART: $29.95 DVD - or check out
ADD TO MPEG CART: $19.95 XVID - or check out
CFNMzone
DVD-2
Born to Lose & Caught Skinny-Dipping
60 minutes
$29.95
Somehow the guys always lose in strip poker and are at the mercy of the girls. Video 2: Three girls catch some guys swimming in their pool and won't give them back theri clothes until they can check out every square inch of their bodies. LINK TO SAMPLES

CFNMzone
DVD-4
Paula's Pecker Boys & Ariel's Dick Show
60 minutes
$29.95
A group of clothed girls hang around the pool while more and more naked pool boys come by for attention. Video 2: A garden party where a group of girls commands some naked guys to wank in various ways. LINK TO SAMPLES

CFNMzone
DVD-5
Shipwrecked & Rent-a-Cop
60 minutes
$29.95
Two girls find a shipwreked guy on the beach and soon make sure he is "feeling better". Video 2: A police officer arrives at a girls' party and shows them his arresting attributes. LINK TO SAMPLES

CFNMzone
DVD-9
Tickled and Tied & Bare Facts
55 minutes
$29.95
CFNM - Clothed Female Naked Male fetish video productions by CFNMzone. She tied him to her bed as he slept, then invited her girlfriends over. Video 2: Two athletes are surprised to find several female reporters in their locker room, looking for a scoop. LINK TO SAMPLES

CFNMzone
DVD-10
Academy for Girls & Personal Trainer
50 minutes
$29.95
CFNM - Clothed Female Naked Male fetish video productions by CFNMzone. The girls' sex class has brought in a live male specimen to be examined. Video 2: This personal trainer required him to work out nude so she can better assess his physical progress. LINK TO SAMPLES

CFNMzone
DVD-12
2006 CFNM Games & Strip or Consequences
50 minutes
$29.95
CFNM - Clothed Female Naked Male fetish video productions by CFNMzone. In the spirit of the fact that the original Olympics were done in the nude. Video 2: This lucky guy is the girls personal plaything. LINK TO SAMPLES

CFNMzone
DVD-13
St. Patricks Day Party & Paula's Pecker Boy Audition
50 minutes
$29.95
CFNM - Clothed Female Naked Male fetish video productions by CFNMzone. The boys wear green hats and nothing else. Video 2: The boys show the girls everything they've got. LINK TO SAMPLES

CFNMzone
DVD-15
Who's Fooling Who & Tied/Tickled II
68 minutes
$29.95
CFNM - Clothed Female Naked Male fetish video productions by CFNMzone. Art School confidential and a tickle fest. LINK TO SAMPLES

CFNMzone
DVD-16
My Nutty Boyfriend & Rich Girl Blues
42 minutes
$29.95
CFNM - Clothed Female Naked Male fetish video productions by CFNMzone. A surprise awakening for this guy, and rich girls get themselves some boy toys. LINK TO SAMPLES

CFNMzone
DVD-18
Training Day & Porn for Women
70 minutes
$29.95
CFNM - Clothed Female Naked Male fetish video productions by CFNMzone. Boys just need some training, that's all. And the girls get out their cameras! LINK TO SAMPLES

CFNMzone
DVD-19
The Gift & Happy Endings
70 minutes
$29.95
CFNM - Clothed Female Naked Male fetish video productions by CFNMzone. When you TAKE something is it still a gift? Why do pool cleaners always get all the fun? LINK TO SAMPLES

Vrod-100's
The Naked Mile
(Public Nudity)
100 minutes
$29.95
The world's biggest expression of CFNM ever. 8 out of 10 runners were male college students and girls came out in droves to watch this spectacle! Shot with six cameras, with over 1000 runners, this footage has never been seen before. Tightly edited with non-stop action.
vidcap samples